The HackerHotel 2019 badge
This badge was handed out at HackerHotel 2019. It consists mostly of left-over parts from the SHA2017 badge project, combined with some new functions.
In addition to the SHA2017 badge the HackerHotel 2019 badge has the following new features:
- 8MB (of which 4MB is addressable) of extra (PS)RAM
- Infrared transmitter and receiver
- Stereo audio output
- Grove I2C connector
- SAO (Shitty AddOn) connector
Problems with the audio jack
The audio jack is mounted in reverse due to a design error. To make the audio output function properly the first and third ring of the jack need to be swapped. Without this fix one of the channels is wired to ground while the ground of your speakers is wired to one of the audio channels.
The HackerHotel 2019 badge would not have been possible without the help of these amazing volunteers.
- Tom Clement: hardware
- Raboof: hardware, software
- Renze Nicolai: software
- Anne Jan Brouwer: software
- Bas van Sisseren: software, audio fix